Sunday, May 17, 2009

I purchased my web address
(http://a-Bohemian-Market.com).
My Best Friend David asked his web master to hold it for me until I decided how I wanted to go forward with it. Well, 5 months later I am still looking for an affordable designer. I look at all of the beautiful sites and I do not want a cookie cutter site that everyone recognizes who made it because of the way it is set up. It has been 20 years since I have owned a web site for profit; back then they all looked different. So, I am wondering what to do? I require something simple so that I can upload my items on a weekly if not daily basis. Actually I want a simple site that I may become a merchant with vintage findings, ephemera, lace, fabrics, buttons and so much more.
I want to be a shop that people can come to and know they will find something they "cannot" live without and that I can ship to them immediately.

I have antique findings like these extruded celluloid findings. They are so beautiful {pink, pale soft green, black and cream} antique and so very rare. They are light weight, yet solid and not brittle. I really like their lacy look.

These green glass brass head pins are very vintage Miriam Haskell.

I have a passion for anything Miriam Haskell. The little plastic trumpet or bell beads are a real like for me : ) I have them in pink, baby blue, yellow, white and I think I still have some green ones.
If anyone knows of a good web designer please let me know. I want to be self sustaining by the end of this year, 2009.

These are Miriam Haskell glass tangerine tear drop beads
It is 9:10 pm in Southern California and a few minutes ago there was 5.0 earthquake that was felt from {epic center was Inglewood/LAX Airport} Los Angeles, Orange County to Corona by San Bernardino. Time for me to lay down.
peace
carole

1 comment:

  1. I've always admired the work of Avalon Rose! I understand you have to wait in line though.

    ReplyDelete